Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy Rookie Draft
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar

Old May 20th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #1
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Bills 3.09 K Dustin Hopkins, Buffalo

Sorry for the delay but I had to internally debate how I wanted to use this pick. There are certainly better skill position players available, however, I doubt they'll make my Taxi Squad or Active Roster, thus after thinking things out I'm going with a guy who will get a shot at not only the Bills opening day roster, but also mine.

Hopkins set a new NCAA D1 career scoring record for kickers (466 points) and was a Lou Groza Award finalist each of the last two years. Also of interest to the Bills may have been his 5 of 6 50+ yarders last year and his numerous touchbacks on kickoffs during his college career. (source = FBG Player profile page)

Over the last few years Rian Lindell has really struggled with kickoffs and range on FG's which is exactly why the new regime drafted Hopkins. With a new GM, new Head Coach, new OC, new ST Coach, and new QB, it's likely there will be a new kicker in town as well. Lindell's days in Buffalo are all but over.

The Preds welcome Dustin to the organization where he gets to join fellow Florida State QB as part of our 2013 draft class.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote