Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy Rookie Draft
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old May 13th, 2004, 02:22 PM   #1
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Default 3.12 WR Samie Parker - Kansas City

inline imageAt this point in the draft I'm looking for a sleeper that'll be boom or bust. Vermeil loves this kid, and after reading up on him so do I. He may be on the small side, but he has great speed and is the perfect type of receiver for Vermeils offense.

It's not like Samie has much talent in front of him to beat out, he has the potential to be a boom type player, and if he busts... so what, he was the 43rd player taken in our draft. I'm excited about this pick, can you tell ;)!

Here are some snippets from an article that appeared in the Kansas City Star about the latest Predator:

Quote:
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/2004/04/27/sports/8519648.htm?1c

Parker was a three-time track and field All-American as a sprinter with the Ducks and ran a 4.34 time in the 40-yard dash at the combine. But he's not just about speed; he also mixed in some impressive production as a receiver.

Parker caught 77 passes for 1,088 yards and seven touchdowns with the Ducks last season and turned heads when he caught a school-record 16 passes for 200 yards and two touchdowns in Oregon's Sun Bowl loss to Minnesota.

“Samie is one of those guys that lives up to the cliché ‘stretches the field vertically,' ” Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil said. “He can do that. He has a tremendous 40 time. He's still accelerating as he passes through 40 yards. This guy can run.… He can catch the football in a crowd, and he's tough. He's an exciting player.”

Vermeil compared Parker to Az-Zahir Hakim, whom the Rams selected in the fourth round of the 1998 draft from San Diego State. Hakim caught 36 passes for 677 yards and eight touchdowns in his second season during the Rams' march to the Super Bowl in 1999.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2004, 02:25 PM   #2
Liquid Swords
Frenzy and SAC'D

Liquid Swords is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3.12 WR Samie Parker - Kansas City

took my pick...oh well, i'll have to look elsewhere now.
Old May 13th, 2004, 02:25 PM   #3
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3.12 WR Samie Parker - Kansas City

Well... I knew about him, but after having already chose 2 WRs, wasn't going to use a 3rd rounder on another. My draft guide says, "Although undersized, Parker is among the fastest and most explosive receivers in this class. He probably won't be mroe than a No.3 or No.4 receiver, buthe shoudl become a versatile sub-package contributor."

Wow, Mike... you got a guy with a nice sub-package!
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote