Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy Rookie Draft
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar

Old May 10th, 2004, 06:11 PM   #1
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road
Default 1.17 - WR Michael Clayton, TB

Difficult decision with Rivers still on the board... but I"m kinda set at QB with Palmer... and there were no RBs I was willing to "gamble" on at this point. Would have considered taking TE Troupe, but just got set with that 2nd-year player from NYG...

So am taking a very good WR going to a team who needs a very good WR (because they've only got kinda good older WRs)...

I know it takes a few years for rookie WRs to develop (even longer for rookie QBs)... but I think he's got great longterm potential!

Welcome to the islands!
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2004, 06:13 PM   #2
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1.17 - WR Michael Clayton, TB

Wow, thought you'd take Rivers. Interesting pick. You took Matt's guy BTW, and now he's gonna take the guy I wanted all along with 2.1 when I owned it.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2004, 08:11 AM   #3
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

Philadelphia Freedom is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1.17 - WR Michael Clayton, TB

Sitting in class wondering which guy I got. I was not really thinking about him too much but then with the mock's having me taking him a 1.11 I started to consider him. A very nice pick indeed.

He was the "go-to guy" in Baton Rouge since he was a true freshman. He is a game controlling wideout with skills that parallel those of Keyshawn Johnson. A terrific football player and exceptional pass catcher, Clayton is an excellent fit for a team that desperately needs a reliable wideout.

McCardell is 34, Jurevicius probably won't ever be an every-down starter, and Galloway probably won't stick in Tampa for more than a couple of years, so Clayton was clearly drafted to be the team's #1 WR down the road.
Philadelphia Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote