Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy Rookie Draft
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar

Old May 15th, 2015, 12:18 AM   #1
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road
Rams 3.15 RB Malcolm Brown, STL

You remember this guy, don't you? He was THE ONE... the one who was so highly touted out of high school. He was to be the next BIG BACK FROM TEXAS. Well... his college career, though decent, never quite materialized the way folks in the Lone Star State had hoped.

And yet... looking at the tape... he's actually a very solid RB. He rarely fumbles (his rate of 619 carries per fumble is light years ahead of Todd Gurley's 2nd place rate of 192 carries per fumble). He's a big back who has terrific balance, and can gain tough yards when it looks like there's no place to go.

Like my pick of RB Zenner... do I think Brown, as an UDFA, will beat out uber-stud Gurley in STL? Of course not. However, also like Zenner, if he produces in the preseason, the Rams will either have to make room for him on their roster, or risk losing him off the practice squad to teams desperate for good NFL-quality RBs. I think he's got the potential to be one of those guys.

So I'll gladly use a pick on him in the 3rd round... knowing that he probably wouldn't have been available at 4.12 when the Opihi pick again.

Welcome to the team (at least for this summer), Mr. Brown!

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote