Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > SAC'D - Shark Attack Contract Dynasty (a Frenzy league) > SAC'D Rookie Draft
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old May 20th, 2008, 04:52 PM   #1
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Buccaneers 4.07 WR Dexter Jackson, TB

I'm not at all sold on him, but who knows. TB needs WR's, and I am a buc fan, so maybe it will pan out.

The reality behind this pick is that I saw him as the IOP with the most upside, particulalry in terms of salary related to peformance. He's got great speed, maybe he'll learn how to run routes (doubt it, but who knows).

The upside value wise for IDP's is 1/3 of that of a WR, thus I'll gamble on a 4th WR and see if it pays off for Brett a year or 2 down the road.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 05:35 PM   #2
Shader
General Member

Shader is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 4.07 WR Dexter Jackson, TB

You're having a great draft..I almost posted Jackson as my selection but decided to do a little additional research on Douglas and really thought Douglas was the more prepared prospect.

I think Jackson will play a ton in the return game and Gruden claims he's giving him a shot at the starting job opposite Galloway, so this guy might turn out to be great. Definetely more value than a schlub CB from Kansas City picked one spot ahead of you.

As an aside, why have you given up your team? Not enough time? Too many other leagues?
Shader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 05:54 PM   #3
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shader
You're having a great draft..I almost posted Jackson as my selection but decided to do a little additional research on Douglas and really thought Douglas was the more prepared prospect.

I think Jackson will play a ton in the return game and Gruden claims he's giving him a shot at the starting job opposite Galloway, so this guy might turn out to be great. Definetely more value than a schlub CB from Kansas City picked one spot ahead of you.

As an aside, why have you given up your team? Not enough time? Too many other leagues?
Just taking a break from FF in general. I gave up all 4 of my teams this year.

Last couple years I've been very into hockey, and not lovin the NFL too much, so I figured after nearly 15 years of playing FF, it was time to walk away for a bit and reevaluate things in the future.
Old May 20th, 2008, 06:07 PM   #4
Shader
General Member

Shader is on a distinguished road

To each his own. I can't for the life of me imagine how a person could get into hockey so much and not football.

But I understand. I'm from the south. SEC football is ten times bigger than the NFL.
Shader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 06:24 PM   #5
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shader
To each his own. I can't for the life of me imagine how a person could get into hockey so much and not football.

But I understand. I'm from the south. SEC football is ten times bigger than the NFL.
Well, for starters, the NFL has become such a prima donna league it's very hard to root for the guys.

The majority of NHL players are much more down to earth regular Joe types, and thus easier to root for. Further the game itself is just WAY more entertaining (especially if you understand the game), particularly live. The NFL is a snore fest for the majority of games, with long TV timeouts, 40 seconds of inaction between 5 seconds of plays, and only the occasional big play here and there. I can tolerate the NFL on TV, but I refuse to attend another live game (I've been to an uncountable number of games, all over the country, including a couple Super Bowls, I even live within 5 miles of Ralph Wilson Stadium and refuse to go). Attending a live NFL game is a full day comittment amongst a bunch of raving drunks (which is really the only way to tolerate the long periods of inactivity).

Hockey is also something I've grown up with, my kids are growing up with it. We live near the Canadian border. It's in our blood.

FWIW, I'll take a "minor" league sport like the NLL (National Lacrosse League) over the NFL any day of the week as well. Now THAT is an awesome sport to attend live, with the best crowds I've ever been a part of. The atmosphere for a NLL game just rocks. My Buffalo Bandits just won the league championship for the 4th time before in a sold out HSBC arena and a rocking crowd of 18,690 this past Saturday. Now THAT was a good time and great value for my sports dollar.