Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy Rookie Draft
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar

Old May 15th, 2008, 08:35 AM   #1
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Redskins 2.18 QB Colt Brennan, Was (proxy pick for Opihi)

Here's a shocker, Jim taking a Hawaii boy!

A quote from Jim's PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi
Sure it's a homer pick, but he's the only QB I was seriously consdiering at this spot. I could have possibly waited until the 3rd round to grab him, but why? I want to make sure he stays in Hawaii where he belongs!
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2008, 08:52 AM   #2
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

Philadelphia Freedom is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2.18 QB Colt Brennan, Was (proxy pick for Opihi)

I think I called this a yesterday. Now the question is which of the U of H goes to Jim next!!
Philadelphia Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2008, 01:21 PM   #3
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road

Okay, this is what I'm most excited about. I'm a season ticket holder to the University of Hawaii football games... have been for 8 years now (plus 3 earlier years back when I was a student there). Most of you have probably not watched a complete game of Colt's. And if the only game you saw was the Sugar Bowl vs. Georgia this year, then I'm sure you turned it off at halftime, like the rest of us!

But Colt is a special QB! I think he has a chance to be the best QB in this class, 3-4 years down the road. Seriously. What will earn him that distinction? ACCURACY. Plain and simple. In a pass-happy system at the university of Hawaii, Colt was a career 70% completion guy. CAREER! Let me throw a few numbers at you:

2005 - He attempted 515 passes, completing 350 with 35 TDs and 13INTs... throwing for 4,301 yards...

2006 - He attempted 559 passes, connecting on 406 of them with 12 INTs and 58 TDs (yep! collegiate record!)... totalling 5,549 yards...

2007 - He attempted 510 passes, completing 359 with 17 INTs and 38 TDs... for 4,343 yards...

In three seasons, his combined completion percentage is 70.4%. THAT will endear him well to his coaches & fellow receivers in the NFL.

PLUS... most of this season, he only played 3 quarters! UH was winning by so much, Coach Jones took Colt out at the end of the 3rd quarter - so there's no telling how many more yards, TDs & completions he could have amassed.

Finally... The guy is incredibly humble. He is great with the media. He works very, very hard. He will not be a detriment to his team. AND first-year HC Jim Zorn (a pretty darn good QB in his time, for those of you old enough to remember him play!) hand-picked Colt as the QB of the future for Washington. With only Todd Collins to beat out as the backup, I think he'll be the #2 man by next season. And if Campbell falters down the road, giving Colt a chance to show his stuff... watch out! I absolutely LOVE where he's at (despite totally hating the Redskins, as a life-long Cowboys fan!).

Still not convinced? Still want to bring up "the level of competition" in the WAC and the thrashing vs. Georgia. Okay. That was a terrible game for Colt. But go back and look at his game vs. Arizona State in the Hawaii Bowl in 2006. Look at the games in previous years vs. Purdue, Michigan State, Northwestern... he even played fairly well at Alabama at the start of the '06 season. The guy can make all the throws and he's a winner.

THAT'S why I picked him here in the 2nd round.
Peace. Out.

Website Link
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2008, 12:55 PM   #4
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Re: 2.18 QB Colt Brennan, Was (proxy pick for Opihi)

All of Hawaii was watching the 2nd half of yesterday's HALL OF FAME GAME... and we weren't disappointed! Sure, it's just a preseason game... but it was great to see our boy Colt Brennan turn in a rousing "first NFL game" performance. He's a gamer! I look forward to seeing him earn the #2 QB position by the start of next year's camp.

stats: 9 for 10, 123 yards, 2 TDs.
Old August 4th, 2008, 09:38 PM   #5
The Knights of Ni
Feeding Frenzy

The Knights of Ni is on a distinguished road

He did play well, he really has nice touch on his passes.
The Knights of Ni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2008, 09:06 PM   #6
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Holly Shit Re: 2.18 QB Colt Brennan, Was (proxy pick for Opihi)

Check out these stats of rookie QBs!

Yah, I know it's just preseason. But look at the completion percentages (no one who's thrown more than 2 passes is even within 10 percentage points of him!)... TDs... and QB Rating! Gotta love it if you're a Hawaii fan!

Last edited by Royal Hawaiian Opihi; August 19th, 2008 at 09:09 PM.