Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy Rookie Draft
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar

Old May 27th, 2007, 02:43 AM   #1
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road
Eagles 4.12 RB Nate Ilaoa, PHI

As a University of Hawaii football season ticket holder, I had the opportunity to watch Nate play for 4 seasons here in the islands. He came to UH as a WR... and after spending time in the weight room (and evidently enjoying the local cuisine) he bulked up quite a bit. SO... head coach June Jones moved him to RB... and the rest is history!

Here's his stats from his senior year as a Warrior:
131 rushes for 990 yards... 7.6 yard per rush average... and 13 TDs...
67 receptions for 837 yards... 12.5 yards per catch average... and 5 TDs...

He was THE MAN this year... a powerful weapon that balanced the pass-oriented offense that Hawaii runs. We watched him flat out run over guys that were much bigger than him (he's 5'9", 245 lbs.). He's extremely quick, can change directions on a dime, probably has some of the best hands of any RB in college football... and don't be surprised if he doesn't beat out Tony Hunt as the goalline back in Philly.

He got into Coach Jones' doghouse going into his Junior season, because he came to training camp out of shape. He assumed he was "the man" at RB. Coach Jones made him earn his spot back into the starting lineup... and it took a few games until he got back to playing shape. Last summer, he was at school and in the weight room every day. Totally learned his lesson... and was a model athlete his senior season. He has amazing talent... and let's hope he keeps up the work ethic that took him so far this past year.

In case you'd like to see him in action...here's his Highlight real.

Last year it was Mike Bell... this year, Nate Ilaoa. Welcome to the home of 4th round diamonds, Nate!
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 08:24 AM   #2
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

Philadelphia Freedom is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 4.12 RB Nate Ilaoa, PHI

I almost grabbed this guy at 4.06. The Philly media are not really talking about him but when I read the stats from his senior season after the draft I thought they had to be a misprint. Not sure about his health since I think he ended up with like 6 years of eligibility but if he is in shape he seems to be able to do the things Andy Reid is looking for in a RB.
Philadelphia Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 10:30 PM   #3
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 4.12 RB Nate Ilaoa, PHI

He's completely healthy now. He missed most of his 2nd year here with an injury. I expect him to be a factor in Philly. You were the one person I was worried about snagging him. Glad you didn't (I would have been forced to do whatever it took to acquire him via trade!).
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote