Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy Rookie Draft
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old May 27th, 2007, 12:58 AM   #1
Popes
Feeding Frenzy

Popes is on a distinguished road
Default 4.08 RB Thomas Clayton SF

Sounds like this guy has some impressive physical skills, but fell in the NFL draft due to character issues. SF, a squeaky clean team, seems to think those character issues aren't an issue, so maybe he'll perform like a higher round pick.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=126&p=2&c=643035

Seems like enough of a possibility for me to abandon my all-WR strategy. I had planned to draft all WRs this draft until Mike took Clowney ahead of me in the 4th.
Popes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 09:17 AM   #2
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 4.08 RB Thomas Clayton SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popes
Sounds like this guy has some impressive physical skills, but fell in the NFL draft due to character issues. SF, a squeaky clean team, seems to think those character issues aren't an issue, so maybe he'll perform like a higher round pick.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=126&p=2&c=643035

Seems like enough of a possibility for me to abandon my all-WR strategy. I had planned to draft all WRs this draft until Mike took Clowney ahead of me in the 4th.
Having Gore I gave him a very close look, but read SO many negatives just didn't see the value in taking him. Talent is there from what I read, but the guy is pretty much a complete TOOL (in the mold of Maurice Clarett).
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 02:32 PM   #3
Popes
Feeding Frenzy

Popes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 4.08 RB Thomas Clayton SF

I had the same experience for the most part. My 4th RB list was Clayton and Snelling and I was close to taking Snelling because I kept reading nothing but negatives about Clayton.

What a total loser Clayton was in college. He was deactivated for much of his senior season for being an idiot and didn't even travel to the team's bowl game. Very tool-like.

I had initially crossed him off my list of guys to take. What changed my mind was the conclusion that Snelling would be forever stuck at FB/blocking back. You can't overcome lack of physical traits, but you can overcome lack of character. I guess this paragraph is the only "positive" I read about him and it seemed like enough to take a 4th round shot:

The 49ers [a team that has claimed they WILL NOT draft anyone with character issues], then, must know something the rest of us don’t. And perhaps, that's the point, too. If there is a question about a prospect's character, "We speak to everyone," Nolan said. "If there is someone with any kind of red flag, we go into depth, we research him extensively. We talk to coaches, trainers, equipment guys." So one can only assume the 49ers did their homework on these guys.

I'm sure he'll be a cut, but maybe I get lucky. He definitely has the physical tools.
Popes is offline   Reply With Quote