Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy Rookie Draft
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar

Old May 11th, 2004, 02:54 PM   #1
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road
Default 2.9 Mewelde Moore, RB (Min)

The OPIHI are officially in the "can't help us now, but maybe down the road" part of the draft. Sure, there's still value in the WR position with some fine athletes still available... but after having taken Clayton at the end of round 1, I feel we needed to start looking for help in the RB department.

Sure, the RB situation in Minnesota is about as "open" right as President Bush is to "stepping down" over the situation in Iraq. It ain't gonna happen. But in more than one publication, I've seen that Moore is "the most fluid and comfortable receiver in this year's class." He'll find the playing field on 3rd downs this year... and if he impresses, who knows where it might lead?

It's a risk... but then again, most picks at this point in the draft are!

Aloha!
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2004, 04:41 PM   #2
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Nittany Dodgers is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2.9 Mewelde Moore, RB (Min)

Sorry Jim, but I don't like this pick. I think Moore's ceiling is as a 3rd down back. Could he be a 3rd down back in the future? Certainly a posibility, but I think Onterrio has the skills to be an every down back if he gets the future feature role. He won't see the field (other than special teams) this year with Bennett/Smith battling it out for the feature role, and Moe Williams as the third down/short yardage back.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the thinking with the pick, I just don't think the talent on the table is worth taking the risk at this point.
Nittany Dodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2004, 05:42 PM   #3
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road

You could very well be right. But everything I read about this guy said that he's some that "something special." There were lots of comparsions to Domanick Davis in terms of body-type... Kevin Faulk in terms of versatility... has a good burst to the whole, great vision & cutback ability.

Yah, he may not see the light of day this year... but I've come to the opinion that talent will shine through. And whether it's with the Vikes or some other team, I think Moore not only has a future in the NFL, but can be a fantasy player, too.
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2004, 05:56 PM   #4
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

Philadelphia Freedom is on a distinguished road

To me this is another example of what what went wrong with this years RB class. Good players who went to not ideal situations. I really like Moore and thought he would be great with the Eagles in a rotation. However, his current situation throws up some questions. I do think he is a good player who if given the chance may be able to sieze the day.
Philadelphia Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote