Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy Rookie Draft
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 2nd, 2018, 05:40 PM   #1
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road
49ers 2.02 WR Dante Pettis, SF

I know what you're thinking... "WHAT?!?! You're picking THIS GUY, Opihi?!? When there are 3 more highly touted WRs still on the board? Go ahead and "reach" for a player. We'll gladly take the other guys." That's okay. I'm a big boy. I can take it. But I'll tell you what... I'm STOKED to be getting Pettis.

Don't know much about the 5th WR chosen in the NFL draft that the 49ers moved up to select? He can play all 3 NFL WR positions (and the Niners will probably play him in all three spots at sometime this season). He's one of the best (if not THE best) route runner in this year's WR class. He's a 1st-team All-American WR, and holds the NCAA record for most career punt returns a TD (Yah, I know we don't get credit for that in the Frenzy, but it will endear him to the SF faithful, and keep him around for years!). He rarely drops passes (held a insane 1.85% drop rate). He's not the biggest nor the fastest, but he's almost always open, and makes some incredible arial catches. He plays through contact, and has a motor that just doesn't stop.

Will he be the "impact rookie WR" in 2018? Probably not. But he'll get to learn from Pierre Garcon, and become one of Jimmy G's favorite target for years to come. Welcome to the Opihi, Dante! We expect big things from you down the road. Enjoy your time on the TS this year, learning the ropes and coming into your own.
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2018, 05:57 PM   #2
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2.02 WR Dante Pettis, SF

I couldn’t win to get past Jim. I loved Pettis and had him all but selected at 2.03. Oh well, back to the drawing board. If I took Pettis at 2.01, I would have lost Kirk. Had I taken Rosen at 1.13, I likely lose Kirk to Jim again as well, but would have gotten Pettis. In the end I may regret moving down a slot. We’ll see I guess.

Gonna be a while as I reallly didn’t have a plan B for 2.03.

Shit

Last edited by Preds; June 2nd, 2018 at 06:01 PM.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2018, 05:59 PM   #3
wchmego
Feeding Frenzy

wchmego is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2.02 WR Dante Pettis, SF

Nice pick... I was targeting him too.
wchmego is offline   Reply With Quote