Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy Rookie Draft
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar

Old May 17th, 2008, 11:35 PM   #1
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road
Dolphins 4.05 WR Devone Bess, MIA

Sure, call it a homer pick. That's fine. Sure, scoff that this is the first UFA to be selected in the rookie draft. That's okay. Go ahead and protest that Miami has no decent QB to get the ball to their #1 or #2 WRs, let alone some guy way down on the totem poll. Fair enough. Down on his 4.57 40 time? Yah, a lot of people were. Granted.

HOW-EVAH... I watched this guy play every home game for the past 3 years. He is a player! Despite his 5'10", 195 lb. frame... the guy is rock solid with great upper body strength & incredible hands. He's more quick than fast... and with a young QB (whomever is at the helm this year in Miami), I'm guessing they'll play quite a bit of 'dink-n-dunk'... and Bess has a shot at being the primary slot receiver sooner than later.

I have a sinking suspicion that Bess will not be on my practice squad very long. Seriously. I expect him to be promoted to the active roster no later than the early part of next season - if not sooner!

Weren't following the recent Miami minicamp? Don't just take my word for it... Ed Thompson (of scout.com) points out why Maurice Jones-Drew can scoff at his former critics -- and why Miami rookie WR Davone Bess should be able to do the same in a few years.

So that's my "homer" pick.
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2008, 03:31 AM   #2
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Re: 4.05 WR Devone Bess, MIA

WHO'S DOWN?

WR Ernest Wilford, who was initially signed this offseason to be a starter, keeps falling down the depth chart. Last week Derek Hagan unseated him for a starting spot. This week it appears undrafted rookie receiver Davone Bess wrestled away the slot receiver role.

Link
  • -- Davone Bess Impressing --
    Wed Aug 13, 2008 --from FFMastermind.com
  • The Palm Beach Post reports Miami Dolphins undrafted rookie WR Davone Bess, who is listed sixth on the Dolphins' receiver depth chart, has been catching passes all over the place the past two days and seems to be developing a nice rapport with new QB Chad Pennington. Quick slants, deep outs, bombs over the middle - Bess is catching them all. He set school and WAC records with 293 career receptions in just three years at Hawaii and is making a case to earn one of the final receiver spots over WR David Kircus and WR Jayson Foster.

Last edited by Royal Hawaiian Opihi; August 13th, 2008 at 01:10 PM.
Old November 27th, 2008, 01:23 PM   #3
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Default Re: 4.05 WR Devone Bess, MIA

You've come a long way, Mr. Bess... way to work hard as an UNDRAFTED ROOKIE!
  • -- Davone Bess to Start --
    Wed Nov 26, 2008 --from FFMastermind.com
  • The Miami Herald reports Dolphins undrafted rookie WR Davone Bess will start in place of injured WR Greg Camarillo this Sunday against the Rams. Because Bess plays a lot on special teams as a returner, the Dolphins don't intend to merely add the extra work to his plate. They will add work, but they will add work to other players' plate also. The Dolphins are likely to promote a practice squad receiver before 6 p.m. Saturday -- likely WR Anthony Armstrong -- to take Camarillo's place on the roster. And while Bess will start, that doesn't mean he'll get every snap. So WR Ernest Wilford is expected t be active this week. And WR Brandon London should get snaps with the offense.
Old October 20th, 2010, 04:15 AM   #4
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Default Re: 4.05 WR Devone Bess, MIA

It's well deserved.

This was my 4th round pick in the 2008 rookie draft. I watched him play all 3 years at the University of Hawaii, and knew he had it in him to be a special player.