Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy Rookie Draft
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar

Old May 25th, 2007, 08:06 AM   #1
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Vikings 3.04 WR Aundrae Allison, MIN

proxy pick for Jim via PM

:Sorry Jim, I had a feeling Beck was #1 on your list seeing as he plays U of H every year, so I knew you were familiar with him!

At least you got your #2 guy!
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2007, 12:49 PM   #2
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3.04 WR Aundrae Allison, MIN

Thanks for making the proxy pick, Mike. Like I said in the PM... I had 3 guys I really liked: Beck, Allison & Williams. I would have been happy with any of them.

Now... as for Allison... Next to Calvin Johnson, many scouts believe Allison has the 2nd best hands in the draft. This guy is a bit on the thin side (I have him listed as 187lbs., and just under 6'0")... but is very quick (4.45)... decent blocker... and a very fluid route runner. Yah, he's playing in Minnesota... which is both a plus and a minus (given the opportunity and uncertainty with the passing game). Sporting News ranked him the #5 WR in their pre-draft publication. I'll take my chances with him at this point in the draft. It's probably going to take him a while to get adjusted to the pro game... but down the road, here's a guy who actually might be in my lineup! Go figure.
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2007, 12:50 PM   #3
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: 3.04 WR Aundrae Allison, MIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds
proxy pick for Jim via PM

:Sorry Jim, I had a feeling Beck was #1 on your list seeing as he plays U of H every year, so I knew you were familiar with him!

At least you got your #2 guy!
PS. UH unfortunately doens't get to play BYU every year anymore. BYU snaked out of the WAC a while back... and they've rebuffed repeated offers to establish home/home series with the Warriors. (chickens!)
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2007, 01:12 PM   #4
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Nittany Dodgers is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3.04 WR Aundrae Allison, MIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Thanks for making the proxy pick, Mike. Like I said in the PM... I had 3 guys I really liked: Beck, Allison & Williams. I would have been happy with any of them.

Now... as for Allison... Next to Calvin Johnson, many scouts believe Allison has the 2nd best hands in the draft. This guy is a bit on the thin side (I have him listed as 187lbs., and just under 6'0")... but is very quick (4.45)... decent blocker... and a very fluid route runner. Yah, he's playing in Minnesota... which is both a plus and a minus (given the opportunity and uncertainty with the passing game). Sporting News ranked him the #5 WR in their pre-draft publication. I'll take my chances with him at this point in the draft. It's probably going to take him a while to get adjusted to the pro game... but down the road, here's a guy who actually might be in my lineup! Go figure.
What scared me off of him, and maybe it shouldn't have, is that for his size and speed (nfl.com lists him at 6', 202, with a 4.39 40 at the combine), he only averaged 11.9 ypc. I would think at that size and speed he'd be more of a deep threat, but his low ypc didn't jive. Maybe it was the offense they ran, I don't know, but I think the Vikes are dedicated to seeing this year if Williamson is the real deal or not, and if not, they'll probably get a top 3 round WR next year to get in the way of Allison (plus he has poor work habits).
Nittany Dodgers is offline   Reply With Quote