View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2012, 05:54 PM   #25
Bounty Hunter
Feeding Frenzy

Bounty Hunter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3.06 QB Nick Foles, Phi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds View Post

Well his posts have gotten kinda short, terse, and sounding a bit frustrating. I'm starting to worry I may be upsetting the lad and he may be losing focus on why we all play this silly game.
Wow, you think you're getting to me just because YOU can't comprehend a potential good pick. Here is what one source says about Nick Foles:

"3) Nick Foles, Philadelphia (9.66)

This rank and grade may make you shudder, but hear me out...

First, you have to start with the theory that our scouting models (which have had a nice QB-evaluation run lately) thinks Nick Foles is going to be a good-great NFL QB, and possible elite. If you don't take our word for it, Andy Reid making this pick is an excellent endorsement on the skill level/potential that exists.

Secondly, Michael Vick is going to be 32 years old this season and was a quasi-disaster as a passer last season. Vick got the money (big contract) and went back to his old ways as a mediocre-to-horrible passer and with a massive decline in the Fantasy Football coveted rushing TDs (Vick had 1 rushing TD last year versus 9 TDs in 2010 when the money was "on the line"). It is quite possible Vick will erode further in 2012, and be an expensive QB that the Eagles contemplate cutting in 2013. It is also quite possible that Vick will get hurt early on in 2012, and someone will need to play QB for Philly...that QB could be Nick Foles.

See our full scouting report again on why we feel Foles could be an NFL star QB, it really is eye opening some of the comparisons Foles had to Luck against the exact same PAC-10 foes...and Foles with the much weaker team to work with.

We believe in Foles, and we believe his opportunity could come faster than anyone is projecting."
Bounty Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote